display in grass7 [was: Re: [GRASS-dev] r.watershed]

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Jan 23 17:14:01 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>> > You could try ximgview. See [1] for Glynn's explanations of how it works.
>> >
>> > I have also successfully used gqview as my viewer (just point it to map.png
>> > and it gets updated automatically).
>>
>> Could you wrap this up into some d.mon command? Would be cool
>> unless there is a wx based monitor system.

I tried the suggestion had success after changing USR1 to SIGUSR1:

cat d.mon
#!/bin/sh

export GRASS_PNGFILE=/tmp/grass7map.bmp
export GRASS_PNG_MAPPED=TRUE
d.erase # create the file
export GRASS_PNG_READ=TRUE
ximgview map.bmp percent=0 &
export GRASS_NOTIFY='kill -SIGUSR1 `pidof ximgview`'
# d.* commands follow

(I also tried gqview which offers limited zoom capabilities.)

Markus