[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #465: r.proj.seg thins along null areas and raster bounds for bilinear and cubic methods

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 26 23:11:41 EST 2009

#465: r.proj.seg thins along null areas and raster bounds for bilinear and cubic
methods
  Reporter:  kyngchaos    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Raster       |     Version:  svn-develbranch6
Resolution:               |    Keywords:
  Platform:  All          |         Cpu:  All
Comment (by kyngchaos):

 Replying to [comment:7 glynn]:
 > One option is to inline p_nearest(), as that's trivial, and if it
 produces a null result, p_bilinear() and p_cubic() will also produce a
 null result. If p_cubic() succeeds, the overhead of p_cubic() (16 cells
 and 5 cubic evaluations) will dwarf the (unnecessary) p_nearest()
 calculation, and if p_cubic() fails, you've saved a fair amount of
 computation.

 Sounds good.  I know little to nothing about inlining :(

 > Adding special-case code for lat/lon wraparound to individual modules
 doesn't make sense, IMHO.

 It works well enough for my frequent projection need to wrap at 180.  I
 can leave it at a personal customization, but it would be nice if some
 form could be worked into dev6, maybe as an option, so it doesn't change
 current behavior.

 > Pushing this into the libraries should be simple enough, at least for
 rasters. This will have to be reserved for 7.x, though.

 Should this ticket be split off to separate the null fallback and
 wraparound ideas?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/465#comment:8>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>