[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #465: r.proj.seg thins along null areas and raster bounds for bilinear and cubic methods

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sat Jan 31 19:53:32 EST 2009

#465: r.proj.seg thins along null areas and raster bounds for bilinear and cubic
methods
  Reporter:  kyngchaos    |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Raster       |     Version:  svn-develbranch6
Resolution:               |    Keywords:
  Platform:  All          |         Cpu:  All
Comment (by glynn):

 Replying to [comment:10 kyngchaos]:
 > OK, something like this?  Ignoring the wraparound for now, new set of
 patches and new source for fallback interp functions.

 > I made all interp functions return a status value:
 >
 >  * 0 on successfull non-null interpolation OR if the nearest input cell
 is null -> no further interpolation required
 >  * 1 if the interpolated output is null -> fallback to the next
 interpolation level

 There is no need to modify the existing functions; just check whether the
 calculated value is null.

 Also, it would have been better to attach the changes as a single patch,
 i.e. "svn add" the new files then use "svn diff" to create a patch
 containing all of the changes.

 > I don't know about inlining, so feel free to suggest how to do that, if
 you think it will speed it up significantly.

 Actually, I doubt that it matters.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/465#comment:11>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>