[GRASS-dev] g.extension.add available to install GRASS Addons SVN modules (GEM replacement)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 5 14:00:35 EDT 2009

On Jul 5, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> On Sun, July 5, 2009 17:30, Martin Landa wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2009/7/5 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Feel free to improve/rewrite the module directly in SVN (ideally
>>> rewrite it to Python).
>>
>> done [2], untested. I would vote for moving this module to trunk and
>> integrate it into wxGUI. Probably it's less robust solution comparing
>> to GEM, anyway it's easier to maintain.
>
> But it seems Linux-centric (e.g. "sudo"), so I'm not sure that this
> is a
> good idea to integrate into the GUI, now that we are trying to be as
> platform-independent as possible.
>
> Moritz

The OSX app has a user modules dir that wouldn't need sudo.
g.extension.add should support at least support an arbitrary install
location.  Maybe: prefix=

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin