[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] r.neighbour and r.mask

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 7 12:58:28 EDT 2009

Milton Cezar Ribeiro wrote:
> I am running r.neighbors to compute some moving windows
> stats. As my region is irregular, many of central pixels
> will be NULL. If I use r.mask, it means that when I run
> r.neighbours the processing will be faster than when I
> not set r.mask

.... I wonder, if the gather.c loops in r.neighbors come across
a NULL if they should immediately break out of the for loop^2
and just set everything to NULL, as that is what the result
will be if it has any NULLs in it. [or maybe the test on each
cell is more expensive than the gathering process.  ??]

it might make the module a lot faster.

Hamish