[GRASS-dev] v.edit map

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 11:17:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/7/9 Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:
> With the security backup copy (in the same logic as many text editors, etc),
> you will always have the security (but can disable it if you prefer), but
> you can keep the same map name.

what name should have backup copy, user defined or determined by the
module? I just think that this approach breaks standard GRASS CLI
rules. Cited from programmers manual:

"Each module which modifies and writes data must read from input= and
write to output= so that data may not be lost. For example v.spag
works on map= at in grass5.0 but if program (system) crashes or
threshold was specified incorrectly and vector was not backuped, data
were lost. In this case map= option should be replaced by input= and
output="

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa