[GRASS-dev] Imbedding Grass

Mark Richardson markmapo at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 00:02:41 EDT 2009

not sure if this is the right mailing list - so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I want to imbed Grass inside of an application.  I'll create the app along with interfaces, other guis, file io, etc.  I'm thinking of making an X11 widget (maybe an wxwidget) - Can I include grass as a X11 widget? What about as a Gtk widget? Maybe something for MS windows? Any examples of imbedded widgets that I can use?

If there isn't anything available, I could probably write one (I've developed multiple custom widgets for X11 and Gtk).  What kind of demand is there for something like this?

Thanks in advance,
Mark