[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #680: Wrong database driver (dbf instead of sqlite) for showing attribute table with tcltk gui

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Jul 10 07:26:43 EDT 2009

#680: Wrong database driver (dbf instead of sqlite) for showing attribute table
with tcltk gui
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  marmai                     |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified                |
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 I think within the tcltk gui there is a problem when using another
 database than dbf.

 Within the nc dataset I opened the sqlite mapset and copied the
 geology map to the splite mapset with:

 ~> g.copy vect=geology at PERMANENT,geology

 Now there should be the geology map with the sqlite database.
 Then I tried to show the attribute table of the geology map by using the
 tcl/tk GUI (the button in the lower part of the GIS Manager window). By
 clicking the button 'Show attribute data' the following command is sent
 to the GIS.m window:

 db.select table=geology
 database=/home/martin/GISDataBase/nc_spm_08/sqlite/sqlite.db driver=dbf

 Note the driver option! This command fails with the error:

 Cannot open dbf database:
 /home/martin/GISDataBase/nc_spm_08/sqlite/sqlite.db

 By correcting the driver option to sqlite everything works fine.
 By the way: v.db.connect -p geology shows the correct sqlite driver.

 I am working with the 6.4.0RC4 (from:
 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/openSUSE_10.3)
 at OpenSuse 10.3 system.

--