[GRASS-dev] G_script()

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jul 13 11:14:10 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:

> > > currently G_script() in GRASS 7 prints out a shell script template.
> > > Should this be replaced by a Python script template or should have the
> > > parser separate switches for shell/python/? script templates.
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Would it be possible to have G_python() additionally?
>

> besides the basic --script for the GUI menu structure, it would be nice
> to also have:
>
> --shell-script  or  --bourne-script
>   and
> --python-script
>

> which would modify script() to fill in the basic shebang and have to be
> in grass to use this ### your code goes here ### stuff.

I really don't see the point. It's not as if you can use the result
without some form of manual intervention.

And it's not like this feature will be heavily used; its only purpose
is for creating a script which acts as a wrapper around an existing
module.

Adding addtional features is likely to take more effort than it will
ever save.