[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r38378 - grass/trunk/lib

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 22:44:02 EDT 2009

> 2009/7/13  <svn_grass at osgeo.org>:
> > Author: hamish
> > Date: 2009-07-13 01:16:23 -0400 (Mon, 13 Jul 2009)
> > New Revision: 38378
> >
> > Added:
> >   grass/trunk/lib/README
> > Log:
> > revert r38357: don't tear down the main street signs just because
> > satnav is available

Martin:
> is this file really needed? Lib layout is already mentioned in
> grasslib.dox. And moreover README is currently out-dated.
> Why to maintain this file twice?

I had hoped my lousy car analogy in the svn log message explained that;
it is useful for folks casually/quickly browsing the source tree to find
their way without having to build/break out/dig into the large programmer's
manual.

surely the list of GRASS libs is not so a volatile a thing that it is
some great burden to maintain?

Hamish