[GRASS-dev] GRASS7 rasterlib broken?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:40:41 EDT 2009

Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/7/15 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>
> [...]
>

>>> Anyway there are many modules which needs Rast_init() (or
>>> Rast_init_all()).
>>>
>> Could it be done in the library to avoid the modification of all raster modules?
>>

> I am afraid that it's not possible (please correct me). The library
> has been initialized by G_gisinit(). Currently G_gisinit() initializes
> only gislib and rasterlib need to be initialized separately.

Sounds like in grass6, the rasterlib equivalent is initialized by
G_gisinit(). Is it really necessary to initialize rasterlib, no other
possibility? If yes, can't that be done by e.g. Rast_open_old/new?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but apart from gislib and rasterlib, no other
standard lib needs to be initialized? At least there is nothing like
Db_init() or Display_init() or Vect_init(). Modules currently rely on
G_gisinit() to provide all the stuff they need.

Markus M