[GRASS-dev] 7.svn fails to build from source (solved/doh!)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 21 01:41:24 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:
> > many/most modules fail to build with:
> > [...]
> > main.c:45: undefined reference to `G_add_keyword'
> >
> > it seems to be there in gisdefs.h ..... ??

Glynn:
> Defined in lib/gis/parser.c. This suggests that it's linking against
> an old version of the library.
> What about:
>
>     nm -D libgrass_gis.so | fgrep G_add_keyword
>
> ?

(today's SVN, after 'make distclean')

trunk/dist.x86_64.../lib$ nm -D libgrass_gis.so | fgrep -c G_add_keyword
0

lib$ strings libgrass_gis.so | grep Revision
$Revision: 37043 $

While it should have been at r38339:
  https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/log/grass/trunk/include/gis.h

(svn keyword prop was not set; fixed in r38501)

now rev number reports correctly but G_add_keyword still isn't there.

no relevant warnings from lib/gis/ build:

flate.c: In function 'G_zlib_compress':
flate.c:325: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
flate.c: In function 'G_zlib_expand':
flate.c:393: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
locale.c: In function 'G_init_locale':
locale.c:27: warning: unused variable 'gisbase'
parser.c: In function 'G_usage':
parser.c:1069: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 3 has type 'const char **'
parser.c: In function 'G_usage_xml':
parser.c:1312: warning: passing argument 2 of 'print_escaped_for_xml' from incompatible pointer type
parser.c: In function 'G_usage_html':
parser.c:1544: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 3 has type 'const char **'
parser.c: In function 'G_script':
parser.c:1771: warning: format '%s' expects type 'char *', but argument 3 has type 'const char **'
spawn.c: In function 'parse_argvec':
spawn.c:474: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:478: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:479: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:482: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:487: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:488: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:489: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:494: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:495: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:501: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:502: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:503: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:504: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:509: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:515: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:521: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:524: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:528: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c: In function 'parse_arglist':
spawn.c:548: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:552: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:561: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:568: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:575: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:583: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:589: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:595: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:598: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
spawn.c:602: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

ah, .... my copy of parser.c had a manually-repaired prior conflict and
'svn resolved' was never run so 'svn up' was skipping it and 'svn diff'
wasn't showing anything. Sorted that out and now I've got the latest
version with G_add_keywords().
.... nevermind, now it builds ok.

OT: can tools/sql.sh be adapted to work with SQLite as the target DB?

thanks,
Hamish