[GRASS-dev] GRASS_BATCH_JOB in windows?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 22:45:49 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:
> The GRASS_BATCH_JOB environment variable seems to work fine
> in linux, but not in windows. He sets it and when he starts
> grass, on windows it opens the normal grass console and does
> nothing (that is, it does not run the batch job).
>
> Any way around this problem? It is for the integration of
> GRASS with another software, so ideally it should also
> become possible on Windows...

which GRASS installer?
the osgeo4w one uses its own grass.bat which bypasses init.sh (and thus
GRASS_BATCH_JOB logic) AFAIK. the stand-alone installer uses init.sh
AFAIR but it may have a few layers of .bat before it which complicates
things. (I am unable to test wingrass right now as well)

Hamish

ps-
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----
has anything changed re. mailing list attachment-stripping policy recently?