[GRASS-dev] points with attributes in nviz

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Jul 24 15:42:37 EDT 2009

It looks like the visualization of points with attributes in GRASS65
(tested on RH linux, compiled from source) and in GRASS64 on MSWindows -
(the latest stand alone installer) is broken.
I tried with nc_spm schools_wake (attributes capacity, mobile units)
and firestations (pumps) and for color the rendered color is black and
size turns to flat, both for Auto and for various values of custom.
It looks like scaling between the actual values > classes > size or
color does not work properly.
Has anybody tried this recently?

This is one of the most popular feature that we do the first week in
class, students get really creative and it is a lot of fun so it would
be great to have it back - it works in GRASS63.
Or just tell me that I am doing something wrong and it works for
everybody else and I will try to figure it out,

Helena