[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] g.manual tries to run C:\Program Files\Internet Exporer\iexplore (the 'L' is missing from 'Explorer')

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Jul 26 12:40:30 EDT 2009

Hamish wrote:

> > rem Path to your web browser
> > rem set
> > GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%SYSTEMDRIVE%\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE
> >
> > I also tried changing the above statement to:
> > set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%PROGRAMFILES%\Internet
> > Explorer\iexplore.exe
> >
> > but I still got the same error.
> >
> > C:\OSGeo4W\etc\ini\grass.bat
> > ----------------------------
> > set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER=%PROGRAMFILES%\Internet
> > Explorer\iexplore
> >
> > I can confirm that grass.bat is executed, but it also
> > appears to be
> > overridden by grass64.bat (I can tell because the g.manual
> > error contains
> > "iexplorer.exe" rather than just "iexplore").
>
> fwiw, mswindows/GRASS-Installer.nsi in the source code sets
> it to iexplore.exe

Could anyone clarify which of the following are valid arguments to
GRASS_HTML_BROWSER?

1. A native filename, e.g.:

	C:\GRASS\docs\html\index.html

2. A Unix-ish filename, e.g.:

	C:/GRASS/docs/html/index.html

3. A file: URL, e.g.:

	file:///C:/GRASS/docs/html/index.html

4. A HTTP URL, e.g.:

	http://grass.osgeo.org/

It would be much easier to set GRASS_HTML_BROWSER correctly if I knew
how it's actually meant to be used.