[GRASS-dev] g.extension.add available to install GRASS Addons SVN modules (GEM replacement)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 30 17:07:11 EDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Fine with that but the GRASS 7 version currently defines:
>
> g.extension -h
>     prefix   Prefix where to install extension
>                default: $(HOME)/.grass/addons
>
> I guess that this is an oversight and should be
>                default: $(HOME)/.grass7/addons
> ?
>
> Additionally: to fully make sense, shouldn't this directory be the
> default
> value for the variable
> GRASS_ADDON_PATH

GRASS_ADDON_PATH is to a bin folder, and can be multiple paths.  The
prefix for extension installation should be a single path to a
standard bin/lib/etc structured folder.

> in
> lib/init/functions.sh
> lib/init/grass.py
> lib/init/init.bat
>
> ?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe