[GRASS-dev] problem with null values on 64 bit ubuntu

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Fri Jul 31 06:12:13 EDT 2009

Hi list!
I'm preparing new grass module for hortonian analysis (strahler stream
oreder and so on...) module is in early stage of development so I do not
officialy announce it, because it probably change a lot.

source can be downloaded from here

http://heretic.livenet.pl/heretic/r.stream.tar.gz

program compiles and run well on 32 bit linux ubuntu and as reported on
MacOS and Windows
but there is reported problems on 64 bit linux

the problem is probably in io.c in lines 74-78
        if(G_is_c_null_value(&rStreams[c])) {
                    streams[r][c]=0;
                }    else {
                streams[r][c]=rStreams[c];
                }

I change null values of stream generated by r.watershed into 0 and seems
it do not give good results on 64 bit Linux because as I checked late in
none of stream values are 0

Is possible that G_is_c_null_value do not work well on 64 bit GRASS?

I woud be happy If someone will help me
Thanks,
Jarek