[GRASS-dev] erorrs compiling i.pr modules

Dylan Beaudette debeaudette at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 31 12:40:16 EDT 2009

On Thursday 30 July 2009, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Dylan Beaudette<debeaudette at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 July 2009, Moskovitz, Bob wrote:
> >> I ran into this problem before.  I believe the api has changes for a 2
> >> argument Vect_build to a one.  See what happens when you remove the
> >> second one.
> >
> > That did the trick. Patch is attached.
>
> Thanks, fixed plus another compilation issue.
>
> > It seems like there is no 'install'
> > target for these files:
> >
> > $> sudo make MODULE_TOPDIR=/home/dylan/src/grass_6/ install
> > make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
>
> Yes, because it is a set of subdirs and my skills aren't sufficient to
> modify the Makefile rules to permit for recursive installation...
>
> You need to walk through the subdirs and run it from there.
> Since "make clean" runs recursively, it might be "easy" to apply
> this also to "make install" but I would leave this to someone else.
>
> Markus

Thanks Markus. Unfortunately I don't know how to to this either...

How about adding something like the following to the README:

To install all i.pr modules, run this script in the parent directory.
for x in i.pr_*
do
sudo make -f $x/Makefile MODULE_TOPDIR=$HOME/grass_source_code/ install
done

Cheers,
Dylan

--