[GRASS-dev] GRASS and C++

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jun 9 12:41:25 EDT 2009

chris carleton wrote:

> I just read on the development Wiki that there is limited support for
> C++ and was hoping someone could clarify that. If I'm writing a module
> can I use C++?

You're welcome to try. The main issue is that most of the configure
checks are performed using the C compiler, and any Makefile variables
are set appropriately for the C compiler.

If your C and C++ compilers are gcc and g++, you'll probably be okay,
as both understand most of the same options and interpret them the
same. If you try to use unrelated compilers, the C++ compiler may not
like being passed options which were intended for the C compiler.