[GRASS-dev] r.in.gdal problems

Laura Toma ltoma at bowdoin.edu
Thu Jun 11 14:59:31 EDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 11:14 PM, Hamish wrote:

>> GRASS 6.4.0RC4
>> (northamericaSRTM3):~/gis/DATA/SRTM/SRTM-V2-
>> frome0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov/SRTM3/north_america
>
> does it really extend from 180 lon to 180 lon? (ie include asia)

It is SRTM3 data grouped by continents loaded from
frome0srp01u.ecs.nasa.gov.   The continents have different number of
rows  but  the same number of columns and (EW resolution) of 360+
degrees,  so i think they  contain a whole slice from east to west,
like below. Most of it is nodata,  so  changing the ewresolution is no
problem.