[GRASS-dev] Doubt regarding r.lake

Jyothish Soman jyothish.soman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:15:34 EDT 2009

I went through the code of r.lake, and found a few relevant things that
might speed things up. I am hoping to get some brickbats and suggestions on
this one.

Basic idea is to map the map as a binary image of 0 and 1
Do a connected component labelling of the image
Must be faster than regular O(n3) method that is given in the code.
The basic Idea I have is of using the temporary map to keep as a union find
datastructure,