[GRASS-dev] Remaining shell scripts

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 05:19:20 EDT 2009

Glynn wrote:
> The following is a list of remaining shell scripts (or files which
> "file" thinks are shell scripts), not including those which are
> clearly only used for building or testing:
>
>     gui/scripts/d.path.sh

wrapper script for d.path so that source vector network map (eg roads) is
drawn in background with d.vect.

d.path only draws the shortest path + start/end points. Not sure how
the wx GUI deals with this-- d.path /was/ an interactive xmon module
but I added a coor= option so now it will run non-interactively if you
specify the start/end coords from the command line. The GUI should collect
those points from two mouse clicks and feed the result to the module
which then generates the render-layer for overlay the Map Display.

>     gui/wxpython/scripts/p.cmd
>     gui/wxpython/scripts/p.db
>     gui/wxpython/scripts/p.mon
>     gui/wxpython/scripts/p.rast
>     gui/wxpython/scripts/p.vect

IIUC the idea there was to simulate d.* command line tools from the Cmd>
GUI command prompt ???

>     scripts/d.out.gpsdrive/d.out.gpsdrive

this is very much like d.out.file in GRASS 6, but it forces window size
to 1280x1024 and writes georef info to a tile index file for the GpsDrive
software's backdrop tiles (www.gpsdrive.de). Requires the PNG driver etc
so won't work with GRASS 7 without a complete change of method. No idea
how to do that, but it is a useful module for users of GpsDrive + GRASS,
so if there is a way to get it to work with gr7, I'd be keen to see it
ported.

If a method is found, it would be nice to recreate a d.out.file too, as
that is very useful.

>     scripts/v.in.garmin/v.in.garmin

probably drop this in favour of v.in.gps(babel)

>     scripts/v.in.gpsbabel/v.in.gpsbabel

to be compltely rewritten as v.in.gps.py using GpsBabel -> GPX format
then -> the new v.in.ogr GPX driver.

>     scripts/v.out.gps/v.out.gps

to be ported.

>     visualization/nviz/scripts/nviz

unused? (or if used, just a 1-liner)
note nviz from File menu in wxGUI on WinGrass currently fails for
unknown reasons. ("process complete: 0 sec")

Hamish