[GRASS-dev] Remaining shell scripts

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 19 22:19:21 EDT 2009

>    scripts/d.out.gpsdrive/d.out.gpsdrive
Hamish:
> > If a method is found, it would be nice to recreate a d.out.file too,
> > as that is very useful.
Glynn:
> d.out.file is meaningless in 7.0, as there is no "current monitor" to
> get a list of displayed commands from.
> But this looks more like something which should be built into the GUI.

agreed.

>    scripts/v.out.gps/v.out.gps
> > to be ported.
Glynn:
> I can convert it to Python by rote, but someone will need to test
> (and probably fix) the end result.

well ok, but don't be too surprised to find it's a work in progress.
In part we found some OGR bugs when putting it together & while those
are fixed now they are still filtering down into releases & distros.
Also the reproject to LL/WGS84 parts are suboptimal.

> The nviz binary is a customised "wish"; it needs to be
> passed "-f nviz2.2_script", which is what this script is
> for (for Windows, there is nviz.bat, which runs the executable
> directly rather than using this script).

(or at least should, it fails from wxGui Cmd> -> GUI -> [Run] and File
menu for unknown reasons)   [repeating myself, but ..]

Hamish