[GRASS-dev] database driver errors from wish tcltk gui on mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Mar 10 12:56:13 EDT 2009

So, the correct TclTk is running...  though really, in the GUI it
doesn't matter, the GUI can use whichever TclTk you like.  It only
matters for NVIZ, it has a binary part that was built for the TclTk
Aqua 8.5 framework.  So this may be the wrong track.

What about trying the wxpython GUI?

On Mar 10, 2009, at 11:31 AM, knussear wrote:

> Version I get in About TCL/TK is TCL 8.5.6 and TK 8.5.6

and:

> I have a black and white Icon with a frog.

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>> I just had a break to test it.  With 6.4RC3 and the steps you used,
>> it
>> works.
>>
>> So, maybe there's something wrong with your TclTk installation.  When
>> the GUI starts, a "Wish" application shows up in your Dock - does
>> this
>> have black-and-white Activestate icon, or a red-and-white Tcl icon?
>> It should be Activestate, if not then the wrong Tcl is found.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.