[GRASS-dev] Re: lib/vector/Vlib/*.c: Too much uses of GRASS_VECT_DIRECTORY

Ivan Shmakov oneingray at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 11:10:09 EDT 2009

[...]

 >>> Not sure if it will give problems when char buf[200] is treated as
 >>> char result[GPATH_MAX].

 >> That's the problem of the already existing code, which is going to
 >> show up when someone will try to work with vector names longer than
 >> 192 characters.  Obviously, 200 should be replaced with GPATH_MAX.
 >> That should be a separate patch.

 > Interesting. Maybe fix that first because it is a potential bug,
 > i.e. use GNAME_MAX, GMAPSET_MAX, and GPATH_MAX wherever appropriate?
 > As I understand, your patch is an improvement but not a bugfix, so I
 > would opt for fixing (potential) bugs first, then improve. Maybe wait
 > for a second opinion, I'm still new here.

	It may make sense.

 >>> Second, I have already changed G_find_file2 to G_find_vector2 in
 >>> Vect_open_new.

 >> ACK.  Thanks.

 > I think it's better if I don't touch these parts anymore as long as
 > you are busy with it, just to avoid confusion, and leave vector name
 > handling to you.

	Actually, what I was going to work on is the /raster/ support.
	I've briefly scanned over the vector support code to get some
	clues, and spotted some rough places.  Therefore, I don't think
	that I'll be doing much more work on the vector parts of the
	library anytime soon.

--
FSF associate member #7257