[GRASS-dev] Problem v.in.ascii (GRASS6.4.0RC4)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 6 06:27:23 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM, roberto marzocchi
<roberto.marzocchi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, without white space the command run correctly.
> Grass 6.4 and 6.5 "don't like" white space in a character string.

No, it is slightly different: Of course you can have white space in
strings. But in your case, you have white space as separator at
the same moment - obviously creating a conflict.

> No problem with * character!

sure - I just thought that you wanted to import the number column
as numbers not as chars.

Cheers
Markus