[GRASS-dev] python issues

Thomas Becker thomasGeo at gmx.de
Thu May 7 08:57:40 EDT 2009

Dear all,

sorry to bother you with such trivial things but I do not get Python to work with GRASS.

I am aware that after installing GRASS I have to run Init.sh in /etc of the sources, but it stops with:

./Init.sh: line 412: /etc/clean_temp: No such file or directory
Starting GRASS ...
Error in startup script: couldn't read file "/etc/gis_set.tcl": no such file or directory
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please
Switching to text mode now.
Hit RETURN to continue...

./Init.sh: line 639: /etc/set_data: No such file or directory

All three files are available in within the directory. So I don't know why it keeps telling me there is non of them.

Thomas