[GRASS-dev] single vs. multiple sqlite db files [was v.db.calc]

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 05:30:34 EDT 2009

Dylan:
> I also agree on this matter. I think that one thing that is making
> this decision particularly difficult is that we are lacking a robust
> interchange format for complex vector data.

I guess we need to create v.pack, v.unpack modules. should be much easier
than the r.pack, r.unpack.

> Dumping from GRASS vectors --> shapefiles -->
> GRASS can sometimes lead to data loss.

(make that often)

to move forward on this I guess we need to start coding the easy way to
switch between per-map and per-mapset sqlite modes. there seems to be
enough support for both ways to warrant it.

Hamish