[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 / wxPyhton 2.8.9.2

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun May 10 13:13:26 EDT 2009

#594: wx GUI won't start (Mac OS X 10.5.6) / Python 2.6 / wxWidgets 2.8.10 /
wxPyhton 2.8.9.2
  Reporter:  vince   |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Component:  wxGUI   |     Version:  6.4.0 RCs
Resolution:          |    Keywords:  wxGUI does not load
  Platform:  MacOSX  |         Cpu:  x86-64
Comment (by kyngchaos):

 > 1. wxwidgets and so Wxpython are not universal, but 32-bit only

 I had a line in the makefile that would strip out 64bit arch flags for
 OSX, but this was lost in the switch to the setup.py method of
 compilation.  Something similar must be done in setup.py, but I haven't
 had time yet to tinker with it.  Martin may be able to do something.

 Note: this is only specific to wx nviz and vdigit, which have binary-
 compiled components.  The rest of the GUI should work, if it wasn't for
 item 2.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/594#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>