[GRASS-dev] Error on attempted read access to a vector map in PERMANENT

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed May 13 08:05:20 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I just came across an issue with vector maps in the PERMANENT mapset
and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Whenever I want to get read access to a DBF attribute table for
a vector file in PERMANENT (while logged into a user mapset),
e.g. using "db.select <map>", I get:

DBMI-DBF driver error:
Table '<map>' doesn't exist.
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

I also get the "select cursor" error from other modules, such as
g.copy. Interestingly, I can log into the PERMANENT mapset and
then things work fine. I have checked the Unix file permissions
and they are OK. I have checked different GRASS location and
they consistently have the same problem.

I have not checked any DBMI other than DBF.

I tested this on a 6.4 SVN snapshot from May 9th 2009.

Cheers,

Ben

--
Benjamin Ducke