[GRASS-dev] svn access

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sun May 17 15:10:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Radim wrote:
>> OK, patch attached, fix for QGIS crash.
>
> thanks,
>
>> I know, I should create a new ticket and then make a
>> comment with the patch attached, right?
>
> Right, as it's the only sane way to deal with the extreme information
> overload to people-power ratio without sucking up all of our free time.
> Also it gives the patch some air and makes it easy to help teach the
> rest of us not to make the same mistakes again. FWIW I was a bit skeptical
> about doing everything in trac to begin with but have really come around
> to appreciate its usefulness. The grand idea is to minimize overheads...
>

> e.g. Is there a qgis ticket for this?

Probably no. I dont know.

> ie how to trigger the crash and why does it happen?

Array was not zero terminated.

> is it only vs. grass-trunk? i.e. how can I test
> the patch & know if it needs backporting/expanding/whatever?

The same problem in all versions.

> should the real fix be "alloc += GMAPSET_MAX"?

I dont think so, dynamic allocation is used.

> or to modify/fix the header comments to say that the pointer will
> be null if the location dir can't be opened or no mapsets are found?

No, it says 'zero terminated array' so it should not be changed now so
that it can return NULL, I think.

> (and then submit a patch to qgis)
> [now: "\return pointer to zero terminated array of available mapsets."]
>
> and was the final null termination missing?;

Yes.

> which, if so, would need to be backported to 6.4/6.5 as well?

Probably. g.mapsets also calls that function but it is not big problem
if it crashes at the end instead of normal exit.

It seems that until now allocated space was inited to 0 also by
malloc, is it possible?

Radim