[GRASS-dev] r.series: extentions as plugins

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu May 21 17:26:24 EDT 2009

On May 19, 2009, at 6:08 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> would it make sense to add support for extentions as plugins in
> r.series? We plan to add some function fitting which might not be
> of interest to all - on the other hand a plugin style for extensions
> could simplify the addition of custom functionality.

Markus,

it would be hugely appreciated if you could add any planned capabilities
to the core r.series rather than plugins -
  function fitting would be certainly of great interest.
We were able to get lots of very interesting, useful and unique results
when applying the module to time series of lidar data and we have
been thinking
about adding more options too. We got around the variable time step
issue
using inserted null rasters (this should probably be included on the
man page)
but providing the time steps as an option may be a better approach in
case
there are big differences - you may have this issue with function
fitting as well
unless you have constant time step. Maybe we should keep in touch
about r.series to coordinate the development.

Helena