[GRASS-dev] reorder tcltk/opengl checks in configure?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 22 23:40:24 EDT 2009

There's only the 2.61 from Xcode.  Is that 2.13 an absolute
requirement or a minimum?  I don't see why a newer autoconf shouldn't
support an older configure.in.

I tried the more complete sequence of aclocal/autoheader/automake/
autoconf, but got a bunch of missing template warnings in autoheader.

On May 22, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Hamish wrote:

> William wrote:
>> I'm trying to fiddle with configure.in to figure out what
>> to do for tcltk 64bit aqua. When I run autoconf (in dev6
>> branch) I get:
>>
>> configure.in:47: error: possibly undefined macro:
>> AC_MSG_ERROR
>>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
>> m4_pattern_allow.
>>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>>
>> Configure is generated, though it's twice the size of the
>> configure in SVN.  But it dies with a syntax error.
>>
>> Is there anything special I need to do?
>>
>> I have autoconf 2.61, which comes with the Xcode
>> installation.  I don't want to mess with it to update
>> it, if that's what's needed.
>
> ... but can you downgrade it? often it might already be around
> as autoconf2.13.
>

> from the top of configure.in:
> #               Note: use autoconf-2.13
>

> Hamish

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so."

- Ford Prefect