[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS 7 Programmer's Manual online

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 25 10:07:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Markus wrote:
>> Situation:
>> - on grass.osgeo.org is a Python 2.4 installation which
>> lacks python-config
>

> I don't know if any of these would work, but FWIW,
>
> debian_etch$ dpkg -L python2.4 | grep config
> is "--with-python" not enough?

No it isn't. but Martin was so kind to send me a fake python-config
script for Python 2.4. Still something sucks since the files
aren't linked in the prog-man. I'll rest for a while and do something
else before trying again (spend already hours on this).

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> note that -I/usr/include/python2.4 does not make it into above gcc command.
> ('./configure --help' does not mention --with-python-includes; AFAICT it
> is ignored because it doesn't exist)

That's correct. And is also ok since python2.4 is too old and later versions
come with python-config.

Markus