[GRASS-dev] g.setproj from XY locn?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 18:36:04 EDT 2009

Hamish:

Glynn wrote:
> You could probably merge the "case 0" with
> PROJECTION_OTHER, so it prompts for the projection.

I don't think it's a problem to technically do it, I'm just
trying to figure out if there's any good reason for it being
the way it is.

I have worked around the long-standing problem of "illegal
latitude for north" by adding a new -l flag to r.in.gdal which
will reset the image bounds to within 90N,S. With lots of
warnings to run r.region of course. I figure coords based on
pixels are arbitrary as well, so it is not any more wrong to do
that, and much better than removing the libgis restriction.

Hamish