[GRASS-dev] any idea about these python libraries?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 29 18:37:06 EDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 5:18 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> The libraries listed below are in /usr/lib on my Mac.
>
> They are NOT in the /usr/lib of the Mac of a colleague here in
> Valencia.
>
> Many of these libraries are also in /usr/local/lib/wxPython-
> unicode-2.8.9.2/lib  on my Mac and that of my colleague
>
> They are NOT needed in order for me to compile GRASS without errors
>
> The ARE needed for me to run the wxPython GUI 3D display and
> digitizer. My colleagues also cannot run the wxPython 3d display and
> digitizer without these files.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> 1. Are these on in your /usr/lib William?

Yes.  These are for the system copy of wxPython.  Don't delete them.

> 2. Do I somehow have some legacy files that I'm compiling against
> (even if I remove them from /usr/lib) or

Nothing in GRASS should link directly to them on OSX.  Only wxpython
modules should link to the wx libraries, vdigit just loads wxpython.

> 3. Is my colleague Agustin somehow missing these files that should
> have been installed on his Mac?

I need to look at this closer, later, gotta go.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin