[GRASS-dev] v.generalize

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Nov 3 06:07:05 EST 2009

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:59:34 +0100, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm studying v.generalize; in the past I obtained good results, but now I
> keep on getting either 100% or 0% of the original vertices, no matter of
> which algorhitm and parameters I select: could this be a bug, or am I
doing
> something wrong?
> Testing on debian testing, grass64-5 from deb unstable, through qgis
> interface.
> Thanks.

E.g.:
v.generalize input=south1 at butta type=area layer=1 method=douglas_reduction
threshold=1000.0 look_ahead=7 reduction=50 slide=0.5 angle_thresh=3
degree_thresh=0 closeness_thresh=0 betweeness_thresh=0 alpha=5 beta=5
iterations=1 layer=1 output=snake_simpl
Generalization (douglas_reduction)...
Building topology for vector map <snake_simpl>...
Registering primitives...
1000
1488 primitives registered
31776 vertices registered
Building areas...
713 areas built
618 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 1393
Number of primitives: 1488
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 775
Number of centroids: 713
Number of areas: 713
Number of isles: 618
Number of vertices was reduced from 31776 to 31776 [100%]

Finalizado com sucesso

--
http://faunalia.it/pc