[GRASS-dev] wish problem

Martin Bratschi bratschi.m at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:03:07 EST 2009

Dear All,
I am very new to GRASS and also command based programs (only some experience
with R) but very much interested in getting into GIS and using it for my
studies.

I have downloaded GRASS 6.3.0 onto my Mac (OS X 10.4.11) and also included
all necessary (as far as I can tell) frameworks.

However, when I start GRASS I get the following error:
WARNING: The wish command does not work as expected!
Please check your GRASS_Wish environment variable.

I have been reading online trying to solve this problem and have done/found
the following:

$ which wish
gives me:
/usr/bin/wish

$ wish
Opens a small window named Wish Shell (About Tcl & TK: Tcl 8.4.7 & Tk
8.4.7).

I did (in Darwin):
GRASS_WISH=wish8.4
export GRASS_WISH=usr/bin/wish8.4

After all of this the error when starting GRASS is still there.
Would you be able to help with this?
Please let me know if you would require any further information about my
system.

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards,
Martin