[GRASS-dev] Re: GUI menu item for running python (and other) scripts

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 17 15:58:24 EST 2009

Michael Barton wrote:

> I'm wondering if a way to make script running a bit easier--and even
> possible under windows--would be to make a menu item for it in the
> wxPython GUI? Would this help solve the problems of launching Python
> scripts?

The only case where running a Python script is more complex than
running a batch file is if the .py extension isn't configured
correctly. In that case, explicitly invoking it via $GRASS_PYTHON will
work even if running it directly doesn't.

But given that the supplied Python scripts will fail if the extension
isn't configured correctly, I'm not sure that there's much point.