[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS installer and r.in.wms

Dan D'Alimonte dan at dalimonte.ca
Fri Nov 20 14:31:27 EST 2009

Hi all,

I just installed GRASS via the latest WinGRASS installer
(WinGRASS-6.4.0svn-r39740-2-Setup.exe), and I am having an issue with
r.in.wms. When I try to import a map into GRASS, it fails because the
underlying MSys installation doesn't include bc, which is needed by the
module.

Would it be possible to get bc included in future WinGRASS releases so
WMS support is functional?

GRASS 6.4.0svn (AoCWMS):C:/GRASS/msys/home/Dan > r.in.wms
output=roads_15m mapserver=http://atlas.gc.ca/cgi-bin/atlaswms_en?
layers=roads_15m format=png maxcols=1024 maxrows=1024 method=bilinear
which: wget: unknown command
which: bc: unknown command
ERROR: 'bc' is required, please install it first

-- Dan.