[GRASS-dev] Make files for g.extension

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 20 14:49:20 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM, John A Stevenson
<john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote an addon (r.denoise) that I would like to be able to use with
> g.extension.  I am running 6.5.svn from my home directory, so that I have
> permissions to install extra modules without sudo.  The installation fails,
> telling me that the module did not install correctly (see below).  I have a
> few questions:
>
> - is this a problem with 1) my 6.5.svn installation, 2) with g.extension, or
> 3) with the r.denoise addon?
>
> - if 1) or 3), how can I fix it?  Do I need to change the Make file for
> r.denoise?
>
> I have trouble installing other addons (r.surf.volcano, r.colors.quantiles),
> so if the problem is with the addons, then it will affect them, too.

It is likely g.extension in 6.4 and 6.5 and the related Makefile systems.

Can you please make a try with GRASS 7? In GRASS 7 it is written
in Python and the overall Makefile system is better.
If it works for you in GRASS 7 we may think how to backport that.

Markus