[GRASS-dev] g.extension

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Nov 25 18:10:33 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> I just tried out g.extension, attempting to put the new extension in the
> proper place for a Mac. I regularly compile GRASS.
>
> Any idea why I got this error result?
>
> g.extension extension=r.convert
> svnurl=https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7 prefix=/Library/Application\
> Support/GRASS/7.0/Modules/bin  menuitem=raster,Develop raster map
> '/Library/Application\ Support/GRASS/7.0/Modules/bin ' created
> Fetching 'r.convert' from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> A    r.convert/r.convert
> A    r.convert/r.convert.all
> Checked out revision 39797.
> Compiling 'r.convert'...
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

As Glynn mentioned yesterday, no more support in GRASS 7
for shell script installation:

file *
r.convert:     POSIX shell script text executable
r.convert.all: POSIX shell script text executable

(also the extension is lacking a Makefile).

I think that the g.extension version in GRASS 7 should trap this
somehow (not sure how, perhaps simply via mime type test of
the file(s) to install?).

Markus