[GRASS-dev] Shell scripts

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 21:08:51 EST 2009

Glynn wrote:
> bin/nviz

it's really just a one line wrapper around:

exec "$GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/nviz" -f "$GISBASE/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script" ${1+"$@"}

which doesn't need to be a shell script.

this doesn't currently work for WinGrass + wxGUI* in 6.4/5, so a great
candidate for replacement. Maybe Bob can throw in some tips?
It works from the command line and tcl GUIs on all platforms AFAIK.

[*] see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/580
    /still/ a blocker for 6.4.0 ... ('g.version -c' is the other)

> The remaining question is whether d.path.sh ... scripts should
> be converted to Python or removed. I don't think that d.path.sh
> works with the GUI.

it was written specifically as a component of the tcltk GUI and AFAIK
works with that. d.path should probably be written into the python
GUI as its own tool-button, which would make d.path.sh redundant in
GRASS 7.

Hamish