[GRASS-dev] reading items from element list

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Nov 25 23:49:11 EST 2009

Testing our r.prominence, I found that it will not locate any raster
files for input in the GUI. Looking at the code, it calls fcell.
According to element_list, this is a valid element, but it is not
clear how it is called, since it is called a "support_element". The
program requires a floating point raster, so specifying it in the GUI
is a good idea.

cell:rast:raster:raster files
   cellhd:header
   cats:category
   colr:color
   hist:history
   cell_misc:misc
   fcell:fcell
   g3dcell:g3dcell

So, does the GUI parser recognize support_element items? If so, how
are they to be called in the the section that specifies the GUI for a
module?

Michael