[GRASS-dev] Re: bug discussion: startup problem with standalone winGRASS install and custom python

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Oct 1 16:19:38 EDT 2009

Hello Hamish,
thanks for your reply.
Is such a discussion actually welcomed by developers?

> I think we need to recruit a python + Windows expert to help
> solve the problem. The same is true for the WinGrass wxVdigit
> and wxNviz no-run. For those we need someone to get in touch
> with the Windows python packaging people and ensure that more
> configure information makes it into the next releases(?).
> (I'm a bit hazy on that stuff)
I am not an Windows expert but user.
I have grown quite savvy in Python. But I wouldn't like to make a
commitment.
Last time is started to fix something in a FOSS project I have seen the
lead developer came up with a solution in a faster way... So I felt like
having wasted time... I hope you see my point.

Well, may the developers put up a list bugs of Windows showstoppers.
If there is something small among, I may take the issue.
Please comment if you think of a better appraoch.

I offer testing and bugreporting.
But I need to use PythonXY for other purposes and cannot take it off the
system.

Thanks & regards,
Timmie