[GRASS-dev] Re: i.rgb.his/i.his.rgb and 16bit images

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 15:17:18 EDT 2009

Georg wrote:
> Actually the purpose was pansharpening.

i.fusion.brovey -q

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/i.fusion.brovey.html

example added on wiki page

> This could also be done with principal components, but grass
> lacks an inverse-pca module as far as i know...

maybe Nikos could comment.

Note that with the R-grass bridge you can use any of the many R
statistical methods + functions.

regards,
Hamish

ps- patch added in the trac system to allow i.rbg2his to work
with 11-bit data (I fixed the truncation to 255 you saw before),
but d.his and i.his2rgb are still 8-bit only for now. Waiting
on word that I'm on the right track before moving onto the other
modules.