[GRASS-dev] OGR write access

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 05:20:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/10/16 Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:

>>> I am thinking how to implement direct write access to OGR datasources
>>> from the user point of view. One approach would be to implement global
>>> flag '--u' for updating existing vector map (i.e. OGR datasource).

as the '--u' is global flag we should discuss for which GIS elements
it make sense and if so how to implement the update mode for them, eg.
raster maps. In the case that we end up with the result that '--u'
doesn't make sense at all, the second approach could be implemented
for vectors - adding manually 'format' parameter to the selected
vector modules, e.g.

v.random out=test.shp at OGR n=1000 format=ESRI_Shapefile

or

v.random out=. at OGR n=1000 layer=test format=ESRI_Shapefile

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa