[GRASS-dev] Network Analysis

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 07:36:55 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/9/4 Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk>:
> I think this should go at least into 6.5.svn for now.
> We should also think about including Daniel's contribution
> in 6.4.1.

agreed with 6.5/7.0, I can't see any point why to include it to 6.4.1.
GRASS 6.4.1 will be bugfixes release, such release should not
introduce any new features.

> It seems misplaced in the add-ons repository as it
> covers some core functionality (and would go nicely
> with the other v.net.* modules already in base).

Not really, GRASS Addons is used for Goggle SoC by default. After some
time results of such projects can be merged into main GRASS
repository. I suspect to see Daniel's work in trunk till the end of
the year.

> If there are no major concerns, I will integrate the
> code into 6.5 svn. But I don't know enough about

I would vote to postpone the integration to October (let's say). At
least there should be a plan for that. In the case of Goggle SoC
project the integration should be done by mentor after discussion with
the student (in case of v.krige, the integration is planned for
November).

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa