[GRASS-dev] OpenCL Parallelization

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Sat Sep 12 07:19:06 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I was curious if anyone has looked at implementing OpenCL for some of
the processor intensive highly parallel modules.

<http://www.khronos.org/opencl/>

It seems to me that some of the more processor intensive modules could
gain a significant performance utilizing OpenCL with fairly modest
development effort.

I am not familiar with the code for v.surf.rst, however I might be
interested in making an attempt if it can be parallelized. Or can
anyone suggest what processor intensive modules might be good
candidates for parallelization?

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>