[GRASS-dev] OpenCL Parallelization

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Tue Sep 15 02:48:15 EDT 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Helena Mitasova wrote:

> I will be happy to assist with v.surf.rst, v.vol.rst (I even have
> v.volt.rst - that is 3D+time).

Cool!

> It has been parallelized couple times in past - the parallel version
> never survives more than
> one release cycle because the tools for parallelization or the
> architecture changes
> and there is nobody to update.

Do you think it might be different with the advent of OpenCL?

> I may have one more recent version that was done for beowulf
> cluster. Let me know if you would like to look at it.

Please feel free to email me off list.

> That was done at the segment
> level, but running it just with parallelized lineq solver should
> help too because that would allow
> larger segments and larger overlaps.

I may even have a customer that would help fund development for
v.surf.rst.

v.surf.idw is already pretty fast (in comparison to RST), but do you
think it could benefit?

Best,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>